SkillsHouse Bradford is the district’s all-age careers service, which supports people in the Bradford District to achieve their career and training goals. SkillsHouse provide useful tools and resources to help people overcome any barriers to achieving these goals, the team provides free, impartial information, advice and guidance to help people into work.
SkillsHouse work in partnership with educational organisations, voluntary services providers and employers to help connect out-of-work residents to jobs and training.
SkillsHouse can also sign post people to other organisations if needed such as housing and benefits.
SkillsHouse consists of:
- Business & Projects
- Employment Services
- Business Engagement Services
- English Language Advice Hub & Employment Partnerships
What SkillsHouse can offer
- Creating a bespoke and tailored ‘Step Into’ employability programme for jobseekers, this includes those specifically interested in NHS opportunities
- Conducting a talent match exercise through the SkillsHouse database which has 1000+ jobseekers
- Sifting and sorting through jobseekers interested in the sector
- 6 months in work support to new employees
SkillsHouse also hold recruitment events in the community – These include mini job fairs focusing on entry level recruitment, starting in the localities e.g. Bradford South, East West and Keighley/Shipley Constituencies.
Marketing and Communication – SkillsHouse promote a number of vacancies through social media and communication platforms, 12 delivery Partners and stakeholders across Bradford.
You can find out more about SkillsHouse here
Here are some stories where people from Bradford District and Craven were supported through SkillsHouse to find jobs in the care sector.