Look after our people
For our people to be safe and well at work, physically and psychologically
- Through the challenging year of 2020 our colleagues’ health and wellbeing has been central to our thoughts. This has spearheaded some dedicated support with Bradford District and Craven leading the way for a regional health and wellbeing suite of online resources.
- Funding has been secured to support people dealing with Long Covid.
- All our health and wellbeing initiatives have received an inclusivity lens through our engagement activities for people from ethnic minorities – leading to support being more accessible to all.
Create a sense of belonging
To create a compassionate and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong, have a voice and feel empowered to make a difference. A suite of leadership and management development opportunities have been created over the last year:
- A new leadership MSc launched with taster sessions run in the early part of 2021.
- Local co-ordination of the regionally run programme, The Fellowship, for our aspiring leaders from ethnic minorities. The first part of the programme for aspiring directors saw seven colleagues successful in joining the fellowship and gaining valuable experience in system wide working.
- The VCS and health and care system launched a VCS specific leadership programme in Spring 2021. It was co-designed with people from a range of different backgrounds and professional levels, with the aim of helping people become better leaders in their roles, regardless of position and experience.
Developing new ways of working
To transform the way we deliver care by maximising digitalisation and enabling our people to act as one.
- The first steps have been taken in creating the region’s Workforce Observatory, with the Bradford District leading the way. This will support the sector to understand future workforce needs, with all the latest data and intelligence connected and in one place.
- Our act as one approach continues to be embedded throughout our workforce, allowing us to put the needs of our population first and thinking about the whole person.
- A senior leadership train the trainer programme was established creating a leadership community of practice, important as our system leaders will be integral in driving forward new ways of working.