This session explored how to build confidence and experience to move into leadership positions and how other leaders around us (both male and female) can help support aspiring women leaders.
This session built on the ‘Act as One’ leadership session held in Spring 2021. The reflections of senior leaders from organisations across Bradford District and Craven gave a clear steer for the Women into Leadership Network to find opportunities to:
• Build confidence;
• Improve communication;
• Grow relationships;
• Influence organisational culture.
This virtual session covered the following:
• Evidence informed approach to addressing barriers and finding opportunities;
• An introduction to gender microaggressions;
• Bradford’s Women in Leadership pledges: a proposal;
• Next steps – plans for providing constructive and focused support.
The session was open to all staff and we encouraged men to attend.